You are here: Home
> Research & Literature
- Ashworth, A. (2005) Sentencing and Criminal Justice Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Bacik, I.(1999) "The Courts Consistent Sentencing? in a A Criminal
Justice System- the Treatment and Causes of Crime An Irish Quarterly
review" Vol.88 No.350 p.169
- Bacik, I. (2001) "Sentencing Practice in Ireland: A Focus on the Concepts of Minimum and Mandatory Sentencing" in Binchy, W, and Sarkin, J ,ed.s, Human Rights, the Citizens and the State: South African and Irish Approaches. Dublin: Roundhall.
- Bacik, I. (2002) "The Practice of Sentencing in Irish Courts" in P. O'Mahony,
(ed.), Criminal Justice in Ireland. Dublin: Institute of Public
- Bottoms, A.E. (1995) "The Philosophy and Politics of Punishment and Sentencing" in Clarkson, C.M.V. & Morgan, R., ed.s., The Politics of Sentencing Reform. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Coffey, G. (2006) " The Influence of Double Jeopardy on the Sentencing Process", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 16, 8
- De Londras, F. (2004) "Kow-Towing to the Twin Gods of Time and Money: The Guilty Plea Discount in Sentencing", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 14/1, 14
- Hamilton, C. (2005) "Sentencing in the District Court: "Here Be Dragons"", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 15, 9.
- Jacobson, C. & Hough, M. (2007) Mitigation: The Role of Personal Factors in Sentencing. London: Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
- Law Reform Commission (1996) Report on Sentencing Dublin: Law Reform Commission
- McAlinden, Anne-Marie (2001) "Indeterminate Sentences for the Severely Personality Disordered", Criminal Law Review, 108, 108-123.
- O' Donnell, I. (2000) "A Comment on Sentencing", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 10/4, 2
- O' Malley, T. (2000) "Sentencing Law and Practice". Dublin: Round Hall Sweet
- Tonry, M. & Frase, R. (2001) Sentencing and Sanctions in Western Countries. New York: Oxford University Press
- Walsh, S. (2002) "Doing Justice: Recent Developments in Sentencing and Rehabilitation of Sex Offenders", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 12/2, 6
Back to Top