An Garda Síochána
An Garda Síochána website: www.garda.ie
Garda Síochána Inspectorate
Garda Síochána Inspectorate website: www.gsinsp.ie
Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission
Garda Ombudsman Commission website: www.gardaombudsman.ie
- Goldsmith, V., McGuire, P., & Mollenkopt, J. (2000). Analyzing Crime Patterns, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
Goldstein, H. (2003) On Further Developing Problem-Oriented Policing: The Most Critical Need, the Major Impediments, and a Proposal. Federation Press.
- Goldstein, H. and Susmilch, C. (1981) The Problem Orientated Approach to Improving Police Service: A Description of the Project and an Elaboration of the Concept. Development of Problem Orientated Policing Series, Volume 1.
- Groff, E. & La Vigne, N. (2002) "Forecasting the Future of Predictive Crime Mapping", Crime Prevention Studies, 13, 2
- Holdaway, S. (1983) Inside the British Police: A Force At Work. Oxford: Blackwell
- Home Office (2001) Policing a New Century: A Blueprint for Reform. London: Home Office
- Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women’s Rights (2005) Report on Community Policing. Dublin: Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
- Kennedy, P. and Browne, C. (2006) Garda Public Attitudes Survey 2006. Tipperary; Garda Research Unit.
- Leishman, F., Loveday, B. & Savage, S. E. (2000) Core Issues in Policing. Harlow: Longman
- Levitt, S.D. (1997) "Using Electoral Cycles in Police Hiring to Estimate the Effect of Police on Crime" American Economic Review, 87(3), June, 270-290.
- McCullagh, C. (1983) "The Limits of Policing - A Review of Research Evidence", Social Studies, 7(4), 237-248.
- McCullagh, C. (1984) "Police Powers and the Problem of Crime in Ireland: Some Implications of International Research", Administration, 31(4) 412-442.
- MacPherson, W. (1999) The Stephen Lawrence Inquiry. London: Stationery Office
- Maguire, M. (2000) "Policing By Risks and Targets: Some Dimensions and Implications of Intelligence-Led Crime Control", Policing and Society, 9, 315
- Marlow A. & Loveday, B. (2000) After MacPherson: Policing After the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry. Lyme Regis: Russell House Publishing
- McConville, M., Sanders A., & Leng, R., (1993) The Case for the Prosecution: Police Suspects and the Construction of Criminality. London: Routledge
- Mc Laughlin, E. & Murji, K. (2001) "Lost Connections and New Directions: Neo-Liberalism, New Public Managerialism and the 'Modernization' of the British Police in Stenson, K. & Sullivan, R.R., ed.s., Crime, Risk and Justice. Cullompton: Willan.
- Metcalfe, B. (2001) "The Strategic Integration of POP and Performance Management: A Viable Partnership?" Policing and Society, 11/2, 209
- Mulcahy, A., & O’Mahony, E. (2005) Policing and Social Marginalisation in Ireland. Dublin: Combat Poverty Agency
- Neyroud, P. & Beckley, A. (2001) Policing, Ethics and Human Rights. Cullompton: Willan
- O’Malley, P. (2001) "Policing Crime Risks in the Neo-Liberal Era" in Stenson, K. & Sullivan, R., ed.s., Crime, Risk and Justice. Cullompton: Willan
- Patten Commission (1999) A New Beginning: Policing in Northern Ireland: The Report of the Independent Commission for Policing in Northern Ireland. London; Stationery Office
- Paulsen, D. (2004). "To map or not to map: Assessing the impact of crime maps on police officer perceptions of crime", International Journal of Police Science & Management, 6/4, 234
- Ratcliffe, J. (2004) "Crime Mapping and Training Needs of Law Enforcement", European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research, 10/1, 65
- Reiner, R. (2000) The Politics of the Police. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Reuss-Ianni, R. & Ianni, F. (1983) "Street Cops and Management Cops: The Two Cultues of Policing" in Punch, M., ed., Control in the Police Organisation, 251-294. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press
- Rojek, J. (2003). A Decade of Excellence in Problem Oriented Policing:Characteritices of the Goldstein Award Winners. Police Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 4. Sage Publications
- Skogan, W. (2003) Community policing: Can it Work? Belmont: Wadsworth
- Stenson, K. (2000) "Some Day Our Prince Will Come" in Hope, T. and Sparks, R., eds., Crime, Risk and Insecurity. London: Routledge.
- Tonry, M. & Morris, N. Modern Policing. Chicago: University of Chicage Press
- Vaughan, B. (2004) "Accounting for the Diversity of Policing in Ireland", Irish Journal of Sociology, 13/1, 51-72
- Vaughan, B. (2005) "Local Government and Policing – the Experience of Dublin City Council’s Lord Mayor’s Commission", Local Authority Times, 9/1, 11-13
- Vaughan, B. (2006) "Reform to Policing North and South", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 16/2, 17-20
- Vaughan, B. (2005) "A New System of Police Accountability: the Garda Síochána Act 2005", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 15, 18
- Waddington, P. A. J. (1999) Policing Citizens. London: UCL Press.
- Waddington, P. A. J. (1999) "Police (canteen) Sub-Culture" British Journal of Criminology, 39/2, 287-309
- Walsh, D. (1998) The Irish Police: A Legal and Constitutional Perspective, Dublin: Round Hall Sweet and Maxwell
- Walsh, D. (2002) "The Garda Síochána: A Legal and Constitutional Perspective" in O’Mahony, P., ed., Criminal Justice in Ireland, 448. Dublin: Institute of Public Administration
- Walsh, D. (2004) "The Proposed Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission: A Critique", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 14/4, 2
- Weisburd, D. & McEwen, T. (1997) Crime Mapping, New York: Criminal Justice Press
- Westmarland, L. Gender and Policing: Sex, Power and Police Culture. Collumpton: Willan
- White, J. (2000) "The Confessional State - Police Interrogation in the Irish Republic: Part 1", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 10/1, 17
- White, J. (2000) "The Confessional State - Police Interrogation in the Irish Republic: Part 2", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 10/2, 2
- Wright, A. (2002) Policing: An Introduction to Concepts and Practice. Cullompton: Willan
Back to Top