You are here: Home
> Research & Literature
> Restorative Justice
- Ashworth, A. (2002) "Responsibilities, Rights and Restorative Justice", British Journal of Criminology, 42/ 3, 578-595
- Bazemore, S. & Schiff, M. (2005) Juvenile Justice Reform and Restorative Justice. Collumpton: Willan
- Braithwaite, J. (1988) Crime, Shame and Reintegration. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Braithwaite, J. (1998) "Restorative Justice" in Tonry, M., ed., Handbook of Crime and Punishment. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Christie, Nils. (1977) "Conflict as Property" British Journal of Criminology, 17, 1-15.
- Cragg, W. (1992) The Practice of Punishment: towards a theory of restorative justice. London: Routledge
- Crawford, J. & Newburn, T. (2003) Youth Offending and Restorative Justice. Cullompton: Willan
- Crawford, A. & Burden, T. (2005) Integrating Victims in Restorative Justice. Cambridge: Policy Press
- Crosland, P. & Liebman, M. (2003) 40 cases: Restorative Justice and Victim-Offender Mediation. Bristol: Mediation
- Fenwick, H. (1995) "Rights and Victims in the Criminal Justice System", Criminal Law Review, 843-53
- Griffin, D. (2005) "Restorative Justice: A Real Alternative?", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 15,2
- Hudson, B (1998) "Restorative Justice: The Challenge of Racial and Sexual Violence", Journal of Law and Society, 25, 237-56
- Hudson, B. (2003) "Victims and Offenders" in Von Hirsch, A., Roberts, J., Bottoms, A., Roach, K. & Schiff, M., ed.s, Restorative Justice and Criminal Justice: Competing or Reconcilable Paradigms, 177-194.Oxford: Hart
- Irish Association for the Study of Delinquency Ltd. (2003) Children's Act 2001, Effective Family Conferencing: The Challenges and Implications for Ireland in the New Legal Environment. Proceedings of the Sixth Annual Conference of the IASD, Chief O' Neill's Hotel, Dublin, 9th October.
- Johnstone, J. (2003) A Restorative Justice Reader: texts, sources and context. Cullompton: Willan
- Johnstone, J. (2002) Restorative Justice: ideas, values, debates. Cullompton: Willan
- Johnstone, G. & Van Ness, D. (2006) Handbook of Restorative Justice, Devon: Willan
- Kaptein, H. & Malsch, M. (2004) Crime, Victims and Justice: Essays on Principles and Practice. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- McLaughlin, E., Fergusson, R., Hughes, G. & Westmarland, L. (2003) Restorative justice: critical issues. London: Sage
- Miers, D., Hale, C., Maguire, M., Netten, A., Newburn, T. & Uglow, S. (2001) An Explanatory Evaluation of Restorative Justice Schemes. London: Home Office
- Miers, D. (2001) An International Review of Restorative Justice. London: Home Office
- National Commission on Restorative Justice. (2008) National Commission on Restorative Justice: Interim Report March 2008. National Commission on Restorative Justice.
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/RestorativeJustive%20LR.pdf/Files/RestorativeJustive%20LR.pdf (PDF, 1.35 MB)
- Nenagh Community Reparation Project. (2004) Evaluation 2004. Nenagh: NCRP.
- O’ Dwyer, K. (2001) Restorative Justice Initiatives in the Garda Síochána: Evaluation of the Pilot Programme. Garda Research Unit
- O' Dwyer, K. (2006) "Restorative Justice: A Response to Diarmuid Griffin", Irish Criminal Law Journal, 16, 10
- O’Mahony, D., Chapman, T. & Doak, J (2002) Restorative Cautioning: A Study of Police Based Restorative Cautioning Pilots in Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland Office Research & Statistical Series Report Number 4. Statistics and Research Agency, Northern Ireland Office
- Roche, D. (2004) Accountability in Restorative Justice. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Savage, S. (2007) "Restoring Justice: Campaigns Against Miscarraiages of Justice and the Restorative Justice Process" European Journal of Criminology, 4,195
- Strang, H. (2002) Repair or Revenge: Victims and Restorative Justice. Oxford, Clarendon
- Strang, H. & Braithwaite, J. (2000) Restorative Justice: Philosophy and Practice, London: Ashgate
- Strang, H. & Sherman, L.W. (2007) Restorative Justice: The Evidence. London: Esmée Fairbairn Foundation & The Smith Institute.
http://www.esmeefairbairn.org.uk/docs/RJ_full_report.pdf (PDF, 412 KB)
- Tickell, S. & Akester, K. (2004) Restorative Justice: The Way Ahead. London: Justice
- United Nations. (2000) Basic Principles on the Use of Restorative Justice Programmes in Criminal Matters. The Economic and Social Council 2000.
- Von Hirsch, A. (2003) Restorative Justice and Criminal Justice: Competing or Reconcilable Paradigms? Oxford: Hart Publishing
- Williams, B. (2005) Victims of Crime and Community Justice. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Zedner, L. (2002) "Victims" in Maguire, M., Morgan, R. & Reiner, R., ed.s, Oxford Handbook of Criminology. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Back to Top