An Garda Síochána
Plean Póilíneachta an Gharda Síochána 2008
Section 22 of the Garda Síochána Act 2005 states that “The Garda Commissioner shall each year prepare a policing plan setting out the proposed arrangements for the policing of the state for the following year”. Section 20 of the Garda Síochána Act 2005, provides that the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, in consultation with the Garda Commissioner, may determine and revise priorities for An Garda Síochána in performing its functions. In November 2007, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Mr Brian Lenihan T.D., included 'Crime Prevention and Reduction' as one of ten priorities to be included in the Policing Plan for 2008 (PDF, 3 MB).
These priorities have been translated into the following specific objectives for 2008 under the 'Crime Prevention and Reduction' heading in the Policing Plan 2008:
- To expand the Juvenile Liaison Scheme to meet emerging needs in this area.
- To continue the expansion of the Garda Youth Diversion Projects.
- To monitor registered sex offenders and co-operate in particular with the PSNI and UK police forces so as to minimise the risk of re-offending, thereby contributing to community safety.
- To build on initiatives to combat homophobic and race crimes.
- To cooperate with COSC (The National Office for the Prevention of Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence) in curbing the problem of domestic violence.
- To take effective steps to protect vulnerable people living in isolated areas.
- To target the use of knives for violent attacks.
- To focus on high-value white-collar crime, particularly that of trading in contraband goods.
Amharc ar an tábla roimhe « | » Amharc ar an gcéad tábla eile
Sa Rannóg seo
Ar Ais go dtí an Barr